Claims Admin/Junior Adjuster:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to assume the new role of Claims Admin/Junior Adjuster. Do you have the ability to function in a position where attention to detail and accuracy is high, and at the same time you have to respond to our policyholders’ needs at a time of stress in their lives? If the answer is “Yes!”, then we have a great position for you. You will be working in a professional and modern environment with a competitive compensation plan and a great team. Consider joining the HTM family.
About HTM Insurance:
HTM Insurance Company - formerly known as the Hamilton Township Farmers Mutual Fire Insurance Company, and later, the Hamilton Township Mutual Insurance Company - was formed in 1898 in the spirit of neighbours helping neighbours, as many farmers were unable to find companies to insure their properties and livestock. In that first year 147 policies were written. Today, our insurance coverage has grown to include a wide range of policies including farm, auto, residential and commercial.
HTM Insurance Company is a Mutual Insurance Company, meaning that we are community based and owned and operated by our Policyholders. HTM Insurance Company is run by a Board of Directors which is elected from among our Policyholders, and the Board appoints the Officers of the Company.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and receive new claim notifications and prepare Preliminary Claim Report & attachments for the Claims Supervisor’s review and assignment.
- Process regularly scheduled claim payments including reconciliation or reported statistics.
- Complete month end data closure including reconciliation with Finance and externally reported statistics.
- General: Inside adjusting of physical damage claims for auto and small property losses.
- Investigation: Conduct a thorough Investigation of all aspects of the accident/occurrence, identifying all involved parties, documenting findings and securing evidence for future reference.
- Adjustment: Apply policy terms and prevailing law to damage assessments and evaluated claims to calculate appropriate entitlement/compensation.
- Communication: ensure prompt initial contact with insured’s and claimants and maintain open and clear communication throughout the claim process. Explain fully the policy response, the claims process, and the responsibilities of the insured in the submission and adjustment of the loss/damage. Document critical conversations with confirming letter.
- Customer Service: In all instances, maintain a focus on service to the customer and strive for compliance with HTM published Service Standards.
- Provides fair and empathetic response to claims
Skills, Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Community college diploma or 2 Years
- Comparable Practical Experience
- Computer skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
- Time management and organizational skills
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
This job will posting will remain open until June 30th, 2019.